July 11, 2011

Wah Wah Wah.

I complain.

Deal with it.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, can I just tell you how hot it was today? 94 F, 113 F with the heat index. (For my international readers, that's 45 C, which is not nearly as impressive, so switch to the Fahrenheit system.) Now I like to be a bronzed and golden and glowing and sun-kissed blonde as much as the next girl, but ayiyi. This is searing. But it's a great excuse not to run, and for that I am most thankful.

And speaking of wah wah wah, does anyone remember the babies people carried around in high
school? The ones that cried in the middle of the night and had microchips so the teacher could see who would be an abusive parent?

Someone at work recently told me that their school was poor, so they carried around dolls with sacks of flour tied to them. Because this is the most accurate way to determine which high schoolers would be good parent and which would not.

Actually, I think the point was to encourage abstinence (and yes, abstinence - I'm from small town Indiana).

I never had those. My home economics career ended in junior high (no surprise there if you know me), and the furthest I got was the hard boiled egg. I think it survived, I don't remember. I do remember 'accidentally' forgetting have my mom sign the permission slip to go on the "career choices" field trip to the funeral home.

No comments: