June 9, 2011

Cheap Therapy.

I can't park my car at my apartment right now because, to be perfectly honest, I'm cheap and haven't purchased a parking permit yet. So as I was walking to the Kroger parking lot to pick up my car tonight I had the misfortune of taking the sidewalk towards a stop sign at the same pace as the line of cars on the street next to me; specifically, a white camero blasting Nickelback. This took me back to my freshman year after my boyfriend and I broke up, when I played "Far Away" on repeat until my friend marched into my room and informed me that the pity party would stop "effective immediately" and I had to turn off the song, leave my dorm, and stop eating only hummus. It was beautiful and tragic and therapeutic all at the time.

In other news, my phone autocorrected "leaves" into "lesbos" and I saw this while walking home. Looks like someone could use some Nickelback...

No comments: