August 10, 2011

An Idle Mind is the Devil's Workshop.

Maybe a little dramatic, but somewhat fitting as I did nothing tonight. Plenty of things I should have done, but nothing I actually did do.

Unless you count eating salad and sweet potatoes for dinner while watching a movie in bed something.

That I did.

I watched Arthur tonight and was pleasantly surprised with the part of the movie where Naomi tells Arthur that Spaghettios are one of the few things better generic - I have always said this, and I'm glad the message has finally found a larger platform. Aldi brand Spaghettios are incredible, right up there with Chick-fil-a if you'd like some perspective, and I have been a big fan for years.

Let's see. In other news, my toothpaste (Pronamel, because I know you're wondering) tastes just like my Italian apartment smelled. A little fruity. I'm digging it.

London, my beloved city (not to be confused with my beloved's city, which would be Bottmingen, Switzerland), is being burned to the ground. An English student came into my office today and we were discussing British rioting and how it's their "thing" and how Americans are a little more civilized because we sue.

I move into my new place on Friday where I hope to stay until I die, because forget an idle mind, moving is the devil's workshop. Or at least the hobby he does in his workshop. This will be my tenth significant place of residency (three or more months) in six years (parents' home, freshman year dorm, Michigan lake house, Btown apartment #1, Italy apartment, London apartment, Btown apartment #2, Dallas apartment, summer sublet, grad school apartment #1). This is why I try to keep my belongings down to a carload...although it never really works out like that because my parents are stuck hauling things cross-country for me every time I shuffle around. Love you, John R. and Tam Tam.

Tomorrow my baby girl turns 18. My cousin Taylor was born when I was six, if I've done the math correctly, and has always been as close to a sister as I'll ever get. We have the same car, did the band geek/drum major thing and even dabbled in cheerleading. So we're pretty much the same person, except she's way more talented, prettier, nicer and funnier than I could ever hope to be. Girl knows her farm stuff, too. Love you, Tayloh. So proud of the woman (it's official!) you've become.

It's off to bed for me. You don't look this fly by staying up all night.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

"because forget an idle mind, moving is the devil's workshop."

agreed.