November 12, 2008

Where has the time gone?

Is it really November? I can't believe the semester has flown by so quickly-- it's been such a blur, what with school work, IUSF duties and job searching-- I can't believe I've managed to make a few memories in between everything!

My 22nd birthday has come and gone. I still forget and tell people I'm 21. I did decide this year that I feel at least 20, but certainly not 22. That's just so...old! Do you ever really feel your age?Do you wake up one day when you're 40 and think, "Hey, I'm 40!"? Anyway, it was a wonderful birthday weekend with friends and family, who always make it so special.

Fall weather is truly here. I've broken out the scarves and Uggs, and there seems to be a constant drizzle coming down. It's almost as bad as London in the summer. The leaves have all fallen from the trees, and the sky never gets very bright. I think my mood always changes in the fall-- it gets a little bleaker and starts to match the weather. 

I find myself complaining about everything going on, but the truth is that I really do love it. I like being busy. I don't know what people who don't have a million things on their to-do list do with themselves. Surely they don't just come home from class and...relax. Don't get me wrong, I'd kill for a night of sleep where I didn't wake up early panicking from something like realizing I'd forgotten to get an Indiana State Raffle License form in the mail on time (long story-- it's taken care of), but what fun is life without a little stress?

Besides-- I'd rather worry about things like this than the things that will wake me up in a year, like panicking because I forgot to pay my rent. Life is good, I just need to take a few moments in the middle of it all to breathe and truly appreciate it. That said, I need to plan tomorrow (drop fundraising kit off by 10, meeting with advisor at 11:15, pick up fundraising kit at 2:30, class from 2:30-5:15, business ettiquette session from 5:00-8:00, pick up another fundraising kit at 8:00, documentary screening at 9:00) and finish my paper and homework due in the morning. Oh yeah, and study for that silly test tomorrow afternoon:)




No comments: