March 7, 2010

Run, Baby, Run

I've been running a lot lately, but I hesitate to call myself a runner. Runners are, in my mind, an elite group; a people of scars and gruesome stories of pulled hamstrings and, at the the very least, thin, toned legs. I certainly don't have the legs thing down (see the infamous "skinny jeans" ordeal), I've never pulled a hamstring, and the closest thing I've gotten to running-related scars are the gashes I seem to always take out while shaving so that my legs are fit for gym shorts.

But the other morning, when I found myself getting up at 5:45am to run four miles before work, I entertained the thought...could I possible be a runner?

I think it all comes down to motivation. Mine is mainly food, specifically, the ability to eat more of it. Not for personal achievement, not for a challenge and not even for health. No sir, I run in the name of gluttony.

Give me some more time.

2 comments:

no said...

you're a runner.

Unknown said...

you mis-spelled achievement