October 11, 2008

Some deep thoughts...

...about deep thoughts.

Sometimes, when reading friends' blogs or online articles, I realize how silly and trivial most of the topics I write about are. For instance, there's an election coming up, in less than one month, and I am writing about my ideal birthday, coming up in less than one week. There's an economic crisis, and I write about my own personal crisis: finding skinny jeans that fit. People post incredible poetry they've spent time writing, I quickly copy lyrics to a favorite song.

I have friends that write blogs about religion. They're so full of deep thoughts that I often have to read them a few times just to understand them. They're packed with insight and big, rich words and analogies that don't naturally come to me. They're beautiful and I LOVE them- I just can't write like that.

Sometimes I get discouraged, but then I think: at times, we need something light and airy and easy. And that's where I come in. Sure, I don't expect my blog to change your life, but I do hope it does make you smile. Or, at the very least, shake your head at the ridiculousness of it all. 

2 comments:

no said...

"...at times, we need something light and airy and easy." Amen, sista. Some people are so caught up in their deep, metaphorical, metaphysical, spiritual, intellectual kneading (*cough*me*cough*) that the light and fluffy stuff is life saving, and even life changing ;-) please, do us all a favor: keep it up!

Jon M Bishop said...

Vote Obama! Ha ha! Hope you are well Kyla