September 21, 2008

School must be back in session...

...because I'm finding any reason I can to procrastinate. I have a to-do list a mile long, but not motivation to start checking things off. My room is a mess, I have a four page paper due at midnight (I'm taking the class pass/fail, so my goal's a D-) and the only things I have in my fridge are eggs and Turkey Hill Diet White Tea Peach (and yes, that was a plug, because the stuff's amazing AND on sale for 99 cents at Kroger right now). And some mayo.

The past three weeks have been crazy, but as most of you know, I'm not happy unless I'm stressed. I'm taking 18 credit hours (which will allow me to take only 12 next semester) and so far, had more homework than in the 3 previous years combined.

Student Foundation is in full swing, and I'm in charge of around 50 juniors who are doing some sort of philanthropic work. Our first meeting is Tuesday and we'll vote on a project for them to get involved in throughout this semester.

I'm also hosting a weekly podcast called "Hoosiercast." To listen, click here, or search for it on iTunes: podcasts: Hoosiercast. Part of the gig required me and Max, my co-host, to pose for marketing photos. So, as of next month, we will periodically be featured on campus busses and newspaper stands. Don't worry, I've come to terms with that fact that I'm going to be a huge celebrity, and there will be no Lindsay Lohan behavior from me-- I will continue to wear underwear and not date women. Although, if offered the chance to star in a blockbuster like "Herbie: Fully Loaded," I might have to take it.

And then, of course, is the most important aspect of school: my social life. The welcome-back-from-summer hellos are over, and it occurred to me that this was the last time I'd do that. In high school I remember anxiously awaiting the 4-H fair-- a chance for everyone to see who'd blossomed over the summer and was coming back to school a hottie-- and getting that amazing outfit for the first day of classes. It's kind of like that here, but we've given up trying to look good for class, and nobody really hits puberty anymore, so there's a lot less excitement. Nonetheless, it's always great get back to everyone.

Well, that's it for now. This paper isn't going to write itself. But then again, if I'm aiming for a D-, I don't really have to write it, either. Be sure to check out this video, and then this video, and stay tuned for more!

No comments: