July 1, 2008

Kyla is having the best week ever

It's been fantastic. A few of the highlights:

5. A thief broke into my apartment (my room, to be exact) and stole my prized Halloween panties. The burglar, who is now known within my circle of friends as "The Great London Panty Snatcher," has a warped sense of what's valuable and what's not. Now this might not seem like a good thing, and to be honest, I'm a little distraught about it, but it makes for a great story. I'll use this one at cocktail parties for years.

4. I saw Dan, a guy I know from IU (ok, he's a big shot, the student government VP) in central London the other night. What are the chances?

3. I celebrated Canada Day. (With my Canadian roommate, I don't do this weird stuff alone.) And then went for some vitamin T, better known as tapas.

2. I just found out that my favorite book, 'The Time Traveler's Wife,' is going to be made into a movie with my favorite actress, Rachel McAdams, and one of my favorite actors, Eric Bana. This may have me more excited than the release of the best album ever...

And the number one reason I'm having the best week ever....

1. I saw Roger Federer play on Center Court at Wimbledon!!! I entered the gates of the great athletic complex with no knowledge of the game and left obsessed. Or at least until I find another sport full of hot players to watch. Also saw Serena Williams walk by. And Tommy Hilfiger.

3 comments:

no said...

haha! this was the best list EVER. and all the hyperlinks are ah-mazing. i'm glad you're enjoying all these new and exciting experiences :-)
-nicole

Anonymous said...

I am throwing down the gauntlet here. I fully believe that I have had the greatest week.

Let us begin with a 15 person bachelor party that started in Indiana in a 20 person stretch Limo (with full bar and 42in flat screen tv) and travled to Windsor, Canada where there were levels of drunkenness and debauchery that had been heretofor unseen on Canadian soil. This lasted from Friday to Sunday.

Then Wednesday thru Monday I went to the Arch Uber Hippie Fest known as Rothbury in Michigan. Tens of thousands of filthy and revolting Hippies and I camped out for 4 days and 4 nights. I learned all sorts of new drug lingo such as: "Mollies, Boomers, Heady Nugs, Doses, as well as terms like "Shakedown Street."

Not to mention the bands we saw such as Dave Mathews Band, John Mayer (D-bag), Snoop D-o-double-Gizzle, Primus, Crystal Method, etc.

And don't let me get started on "Log-Girl"

Kyla said...

i wasn't aware you were such a dmb fan, daybreakboys17! do you play your guitar for girls while wearing your polo popped, too? or is it covered by your greek letters?